- Mentor Health
- D-35/5, Block -1 KDA Scheme no 5 Block Clifton, Karachi,
Mentor Health is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Accountant to join our dynamic team.
The accountant will play a crucial role in managing financial transactions, ensuring accuracy, and
supporting the financial well-being of the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in
accounting principles, exceptional analytical skills, and a passion for contributing to the success of a fast- growing health tech company.
Roles and responsibilities
- Financial Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger entries, and payroll records.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the development and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, and financial plans. Provide insights and recommendations for financial decision-making.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable: Manage accounts payable processes, including invoice verification, payment processing, and vendor communication. Oversee accounts receivable to ensure timely collections.
- Bank Reconciliation: Perform regular bank reconciliations and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Expense Management: Monitor and control expenses, identify cost-saving opportunities, and contribute to expense optimization efforts.
- Tax Compliance: Prepare and file tax returns, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal tax regulations. Stay updated on tax law changes and provide tax planning advice.
- Audit Support: Assist in financial audits, both internal and external, by providing necessary documentation and support.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct financial analysis and ad-hoc reporting to support strategic decision-making.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to enhance financial processes and contribute to the development and implementation of internal controls and best practices.
- Financial Acumen: A deep understanding of financial principles, accounting standards, and the ability to apply them to real-world scenarios.
- Accounting Software Proficiency: Experience with accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Xero, or similar) and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret financial data, identify trends, and make data-driven recommendations.
- Attention to Detail: Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy in financial records, reports, and compliance with regulations.
- Communication: Effective written and verbal communication skills to articulate financial information to team members and stakeholders.
- Organizational Skills: Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize workload effectively.
- Taxation Knowledge: Familiarity with tax laws and regulations, including the ability to prepare and file tax returns and provide tax planning guidance.
- Team Collaboration: The ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and communicate financial insights to non-finance stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: Proactive problem-solving abilities to identify issues, propose solutions, and implement process improvements.
- Minimum B.COM, BBA, or any accounting related field.
- Proven experience as an Accountant or in a similar financial role.
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
D-35/5, Block -1 KDA Scheme no 5 Block Clifton, Karachi,